Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Teacher What a Person?

Teachers are different beings possessing innate capacity to turn an ordinary child into an extra ordinary personality. 

My teacher asked me to come and see me after my class in her staff room situated at the corner of our long veranda of school campus. 

I was little upset about the mistake I did in my test and therefore my legs were trembling with a hidden fear. No answer was coming to my mind, couldn't think of any solution to my problem. 

The school bell was like a signal to me that now the time is up, and I must now go and face the music. I packed my bag, started eating my lunch quickly so I could run towards the staff room. This was my break time and all my peers were enjoying the break time, playing in the school playground, a long queue was awaiting for their turn in front of school canteen which I was looking with desperation. 

I was walking heavily towards the staff room, finally reaching at the door and asked in fearful voice, 'may I come in madam', a very sweet voice came from inside, yes dear, please do come in and sit down beside me. How are you dear son? You are looking wonderful in this neat uniform. I am so happy to see you  and was looking forward to meet you personally. So, Hashim! how is your life going on? How are your parents and your other family members? Hope they are all well. I was astonished to hear all this concern. My heart started pounding with happiness and all my fears have flown away. 

Well, Hashim, you are a one of the best student of my class, you will be a leader one day. What I want to guide you about is that keep practicing your sentence making skill so your comprehension and your writing power will improve more. I am sure one day you will be among the great writers of your time. 

I was so excited and happy to know all this and was running back towards the playground to share the breaking news with my friends. 

Teacher what a person? I was unable to comprehend in my small mind, but today when am really a leader of my organization can recall that experience. My teacher was indeed a personality a role model to follow, my friend in my time of stress and loneliness, my guide and my mentor throughout my life. 

We do need such teachers today, for our children. We can only have such teachers among us when we ourselves become role models for others to follow. Lets become good human beings first, than we are good parents, good citizens, good Muslims above all. 

Students of today are teachers of tomorrow, so take life seriously and keep on facilitating our youngsters towards the right way and guide them in making right choices, and stand up for the right cause. 

3 comments:

  1. A very interesting article reflecting your hidden writing talents. Thanks for sharing the inspirational experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great read and sharp reminders for young people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouraging reply. Gives me motivation to write better.

      Delete