Sunday, July 21, 2013

Writing Patronage

It was a time when I was thinking of adding a new innovation to my profile in subtle manner. I thought of sharing my view point with my close friends, colleagues and seniors. Everybody gave me thumbs up and told me to move on in providing services.

The very next day, one of my friend who was working as senior consultant and delivering lectures in various fields of education told me that due to shortage of time he is unable to help out one of his students in his project so if he could refer the student to me whether you'll be able to cater him. I was immediately overwhelmed on this news and accepted the offer.

Next day that student came to me and shared his project with me and I thought of guiding him in completing his project which he has already pursued but he wanted some editing in it. Student shared with me that he was quite upset and in stress due to lack of professional assistance. We shared the whole plan of work and I accepted the payment offer made by the student because I was extremely interested in supporting students to improve their skills in writing.

Writing patronage is basically facilitating a student to move on further in his/her writing projects, assignments and papers. Students are actually beginners and sometimes lack in expression. Their writing doesn't depict clear expression, vocabulary, syntax and coherence among sentences. Their weak writing skills enhance their stress and frustration, in addition due to pressure of workload students usually either think of leaving their education programs or find themselves in a state of hopelessness.

I felt a deep satisfaction and contentment after viewing the smile and a sense of satisfaction on his face, that at least now there is somebody who can assist me in my assignment. I always wanted to be guide, a mentor and facilitator for students as I remained a teacher.

I believe this writing patronage would ensure more students towards improving their writing skills and working hard on their projects and become self reliant in future to manage their projects successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment